2265 Bloor Street West
A condo has been proposed for 2265 Bloor Street West through to 2279 Bloor Street West (File# 13 271048 WET 13 OZ). This stretch of property is on the south side of Bloor starting at Durie Street (across from Queen’s Pasta) and stretching to the flower shop just before the Bloor Street Meat Market. It calls for an 8 story mixed use building comprised of 83 residential dwelling units, of which 19 replacement rental units are included, as well as 1200 square metres of non-residential office and retail floor area.
The Swansea Area Ratepayers’ Association is leading the community response to this development.
Represent Bloor West Village at OMB: write to Sandra Chan at the OMB and ask for Participant Status (read more about what that means here). We’ve prepared a email template that you can send before December 1st. Please copy email@example.com so we can track the applications.
OMB case PL140435: http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL140435
- The city planner assigned to the file, Phillip Carvalino, presented on Feb. 25th a preliminary report to the Etobicoke York Community Council. The report recommends that a Community Consultation Meeting.
- A community consultation meeting was held. Developers were clear of their intention to take the application straight to the OMB.
- A community council meeting on August 12th is set to vote on a recommendation to oppose the development.
- Community Council considered the item on August 25th, 2014 and voted to authorized staff to attend the OMB hearing and oppose it.
- After the waiting period ended, Developers appealed to the OMB
- A hearing has been set for January 6th, 2015 (PL140435)
- On December 9th, 2014 the developer submitted a revision of their application and an accompanying letter explaining the changes:
- On December 11th a motion was put forward by Councillor Sarah Doucette. Her motion passed, but the details are pending release and are confidential.
- On December 16th, a Community Meeting organized by SARA, BWVRA and neighbouring Residents Associations will be held
2265 Bloor Street West Application Material
The developer is not willing or able to host their own website for application material. The following was shared by the City Councilor’s office:
- Planning Rationale & Appendices
- Architecture Diagrams (large)
- Urban Transportation Considerations
- Pedestrian Level Wind Study
- Functional Servicing Report
- Arborist Report
- Landscape Plans
- Letter re Revised Plans 2265 Dec 9
- Revised Architectural Drawings 2265
City Issue List
From the preliminary report:
- Appropriateness of including Neighbourhoods designated lands as part of an Avenues redevelopment proposal
- Consideration of the site in the context of this portion of the Bloor Street Avenue, the potential to establish an undesirable precedent and the existing and planned context of the area
- Conformity with Official Plan policies noted in this report
- Height, scale and density of the proposed development and associated impacts
- Compatibility and fit with the physical character of the area
- Conformity with the Avenues and Mid-Rise Buildings Performance Standards
- Impacts on the neighbourhood to the south
- Confirmation of existing rental units and rents
- Appropriateness of the rental replacement proposal
- Tenant meeting and profiles to be scheduled and assessed
- Satisfactory tenant relocation and assistance, and tenant communication plan
- Review of the Toronto Green Standard Checklist for compliance with Tier 1 performance standards
- You can access the city’s development status site to monitor the property here
- Preliminary Report
- Report from the Director, Community Planning, Etobicoke York District regarding 2265-2279 Bloor Street West
2265 Bloor Street Renderings